GWRC Commission Meeting
Date: Monday, January 23, 2017
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: GWRC/FAMPO Office, 406 Princess Anne Street, Fredericksburg, Virginia
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability or family status. Persons who require special accommodations under the American with Disabilities Act or persons who require translation services (free of charge) should contact the GWRC/FAMPO at 540-373-2890 or email@example.com at least four days prior to the meeting. If hearing impaired, telephone 1-800-273-7545 (TDD).
La participación pública es solicitada sin distinción de raza, color, origen nacional, edad, sexo, religión, discapacidad o su estado familiar. Las personas que requieren alojamiento especial de acuerdo con el American with Disabilities Act, o personas que requieren servicios de traducción (libre de cargo) deben comunicarse con la GWRC / FAMPO al 540-373-2890 o firstname.lastname@example.org al menos dos días antes de la reunión. Personas con problemas auditivos, llama 800-273-7545 (TDD).
Senior Transportation Modeler
Location: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Classification: Full-time, 40 hours per week, Exempt FLSA status
Salary: Commensurate with Qualificaitons; Full Benefits
Closing Date: January 24, 2017
A Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) is a federally mandated and federally funded transportation policy-making organization created by federal law to provide local input for urban transportation planning and allocating federal transportation funds to urbanized areas with a population of greater than 50,000. The Federal Highway Act of 1962 created MPOs in order to ensure that existing and future expenditures of governmental funds for transportation projects and programs are based on a continuing, cooperative, and comprehensive (“3-C”) planning process. The Fredericksburg Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (FAMPO) was established in 1992 to carry out the regional transportation planning process in the metropolitan area. As the federally designated Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for the Fredericksburg Region, FAMPO is required to coordinate the transportation planning activities for the City of Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania County and Stafford County. FAMPO is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about FAMPO, visit www.fampo.gwregion.org.
The Fredericksburg Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (FAMPO) is seeking a candidate for the position of Senior Transportation Modeler. Under general guidance, the position provides regional, local and corridor-level multi-modal transportation planning services to support MPO transportation studies and planning activities. The successful candidate must analyze data related to demographic, economic, and transportation conditions, trends and future probabilities and have strong geographic information system, travel demand modeling, and data analysis experience in using ESRI ArcGIS and Citilabs CUBE Voyager software. The successful candidate will maintain a regional travel demand model with integration of Land Use and Transportation Modeling, develop and maintain a project prioritization system for use in long range transportation plan development, identifying candidate projects for state and federal funding programs, and allocating regional funding. The successful candidate will also work with federal, state, and local government staff and members of the public.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to analyze large number of various future scenarios for probable outcomes and to communicate those results effectively to policy makers and other in clear reports with appropriate mapping and other graphic back-up
- Ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary transportation and land-use planning team
- Ability to manage individual planning projects, including long range plans, corridor studies, modal studies, project feasibility studies and related work
- Ability to multi-task in a pressure environment and to rapidly shift work priorities to meet the needs of policy makers and other stakeholders
- Ability to integrate and analyze data, including statistical model estimation
- Solid understanding of GIS software and data analysis software (e.g. ArcGIS, Microsoft Access and Excel, SQL, SAS or SPSS)
- Solid understanding of Travel Demand Modeling and Citilabs CUBE Voyager software
- Strong verbal and technical writing abilities
- Awareness of and ability to contribute to research in integrated modeling
- Thorough understanding of USDOT travel forecasting regulation and guidance
- Other: Any suitable combination of education, training and or experience
- Applicants must have the legal status for working in the U.S.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning/Engineering, or related field with a minimum of two years professional experience in travel demand modeling.
FAMPO partners with Stafford County to provide a complete benefits package as part of your compensation package. Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Life Insurance
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Virginia Retirement System
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Family Medical Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Civil Leave
- Military Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Direct Deposit
- Credit Unions
- Workers Compensation
- Flexible Benefits Program
- Voluntary Insurance Programs
- Tuition Assistance
For additional information, visit www.staffordcountyva.gov.
To be considered, applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com or mail documents to:
406 Princess Anne Street
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401
Attn: Human Resources
The Fredericksburg District Fall Transportation Meeting was held on Tuesday, November 1st at the Germanna Community College in Fredericksburg, Virginia where a list of proposed local and regional projects submitted for scoring through the Smart Scale prioritization process were displayed.
If you were unable to attend, you may view the displays and provide your comments online. Meeting materials will be available on this website on October 11, 2016. Comments will be accepted until December 22, 2016.
You can provide comments by:
- Submitting your written comments during a public meeting.
- Completing an online comment form.
- For roads and highways:
Infrastructure Investment Director
Virginia Department of Transportation
1401 East Broad St.
Richmond, VA 23219
- For transit and public transportation:
Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation
600 East Main Street, Suite 2102
Richmond, VA 23219
To access files that have a “.pdf” extension, you will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. This software may be downloaded free from the Adobe website. Instructions will be provided during the download process.